Mcleodganj is one of the most popular tourist destinations of Himachal Pradesh. The beautiful blend of Tibetian and British culture makes Mcleodganj a unique place to visit. Due to a large Tibetan population and the base for the exiled government of Tibet, the place is also popularly known as The Little Lhasa. The place also is home to His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
At an altitude of 2082 m, Mcleodganj sits in the lap of the Dhauladhar mountain range. Lush green with Deodar and Mixed Pine trees, the small suburb is a fantastic destination for travel enthusiasts. The place has a calm serenity about it.
Moreover, the place is the base for many trekking expeditions. You can go on Indrahar Pass & Moon Peak Expedition, or take a small trek to Kareri Lake & Minkiani Pass. However, the most popular trail walked by thousands of tourists every year is that of Triund.
Day 1: Mcleodganj
- The first day of the tour begins with exciting sightseeing around the beautiful town. On your arrival at Dharamshala, our representative welcomes you to a hotel. After some relaxation, we begin our day’s tour.
- Mcleodganj is famous for the mystical Bagsunag Temple and Bagsunag waterfall. Our visit also takes us to the mesmerizing Naddi viewpoint that offers a majestic view of the Dhauladhar range. His Holiness Dalai Lama Tibetan Monastery is a beautiful place to witness authentic Tibetan culture and monks (Closed due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak).
- As the evening comes to a close, we drive back to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Mcleodganj to Triund (9 Km Trek)
- The trek takes you through the forests of deodar, oak, and rhododendron. It is an easy ascent that takes around 4-5 hours to reach the top. Triund is a flat meadow at the top of a ridge. The place is picturesque with Dhauladhar on one side and Kangra valley on the other.
- Overnight camping at Manaa, a campsite 1.5Km below Triund. Camping at Triund has been closed temporarily to restore the ecology of the place.
Day 3: Triund to Mcleodganj
- We come down to Bagsunag temple from Triund following the same trail. The descend is quick and short.
Day 4: Mcleodganj
- This is a day for pure leisure. Post a delicious meal in the morning, prepare for checkout. Take your own time and explore Triund at your own pace on your own. Re-visit the places you loved or some that you missed.
- By evening, at the given time, we take you back home in a Volvo Bus from the Mcleodganj bus stand.
- Accommodation (Camping)
- Trek equipment's (Waterproof Good Quality Tents, Clean Sleeping bags, Ground Mattress, Kitchen Tent, Ration, Utensils, Toilet Tents)
- All necessary permits and entry fees (Forest and Local).
- First-Aid Medical kits.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional Trek Leader, Local Guide and Support Staff.
- Transport from Mcleodganj to Kareri village and back on sharing basis.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Meals and accommodation in Mcleodganj.
- Alcoholic/Aerated beverages/ bottled water
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Transport from Mcleodganj to Dharamshala
- Includes- Transport, Activities, Accommodation and Breakfast
- Duration : 4 Days
- Start Point- Delhi End Point- Delhi