The trek to Chandrashila Peak and Deoriatal Lake is a weekend trek in Uttarakhand. The trek offers the abundant treasure of nature, the soothing climate, mountain birds, dense forests with maple, trees of Oak and rhododendron, and the magnificent views of peaks like Trishul, Chaukhamba, and Nanda Devi.
Tungnath is the highest and the oldest Shiva Temple. Tungnath is also the highest of the five Panch Kedar temples in the Tungnath Range.
Deoriatal (Deoriya or Devaria), is a beautiful lake at a distance of 3 km and can be easily trekked from the village of Sari, which is around 13kms drive from our campsite.
Day 1: Delhi to Chopta ( Travelling time 14-15h, Distance approx 470kms)
We will start our overnight ride from Delhi ( start time 11:00 PM) to Chopta in our tempo traveller.
- By morning, we will be in Rishikesh. Here we will have to stay for few hours as some mandatory security checks are required which will take a while.
- Meanwhile, we all can relax, have breakfast and explore the beauty of Rishikesh. Thereafter, in the afternoon start our journey to Chopta.
- From here, Chopta is 7-8 hours away located at a height of about 2,680 metres (8,790 ft). We will be passing by Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Ukhimath on the way.
- Lunch break will be at Srinagar where you can stretch your legs as you will have spent all the journey in the tempo traveller.
- We will reach our campsite around 4:00 in the evening. Our campsite is 7 Km before Chopta at a peaceful place away from the busy and crowded Chopta.
- Upon reaching, enjoy the welcome tea and snacks.
- In the evening, relax, enjoy nature and the starry night and head to your camps after a delicious dinner.
Day 2: Trek to Tungnath and Chandrashila and back to Camp
After a delicious breakfast, we will head to Chopta. It will be just a 10-15mins drive and then we will start the trek to Tungnath.
- Upon reaching Tungnath, we will take a short break. You can take pictures, relax for a while and enjoy the magnificent view.
- From here, the Chandrashila peak, located at a height of more than 13,120 ft, is just 1 hour away.
- Once we reach the peak, we will spend some time on the summit, and then we will start the descent back to Chopta.
- We will return to our camp in the evening, and after dinner, everyone will go to their tents for a good night's sleep.
Day 3: Trek to Deoriatal lake and back to Delhi
Wake up early, have your breakfast and then will head towards Sari village in the Tempo traveller.
- It will take around 2 hrs to reach the village from our campsite. The trek for the lake is approx 2.5 km long.
- After spending some time at the Deoriatal Lake, we come back to Sari Village and start our return journey.
- We will reach back to Delhi early morning the next day.
- This will be the end of this wonderful adventure.
- Accommodation (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg + Eggs)
- Trek equipment's (Waterproof Good Quality Tents, Clean Sleeping bags, Ground Mattress, Kitchen Tent, Ration, Utensils, Toilet Tents)
- All necessary permits and entry fees (Forest and Local).
- First-Aid Medical kits.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional Trek Leader, Local Guide and Support Staff.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Duration- 3 Days
- Difficulty Level- Easy | Height: 13,120 ft
- Trek Distance- 10 km
- Start Point- Delhi