Day 1: Delhi to Sankri (Overnight Drive)
Destination Altitude: 6,455 ft
- We begin this incredible journey from Delhi at 7:00 pm. After an overnight journey, we reach Dehradun in the morning. From here, the drive to Sankri takes almost 9 hrs. You zig-zag your way through the forests of pine along the Yamuna river. Passing along Mussorie and some of the most scenic places in Uttarkashi, you drive along the tons river as you make your way to Sankri.
- Upon reaching Sankri, settle yourself in the scenic campsite. Relax for a while and explore the beautiful hamlet and soak in the extraordinary view of tall unmoving snowcapped mountains.
Day 2: Sankri to Juda Ka Talab (3-4 hrs Trek)
Destination Altitude: 9,514 ft
- After a filling breakfast, we begin our days hike to Juda Ka Talab. The trek is a moderate ascent and takes up to 3-4 hrs.
- The incredible thing to witness in this part of the trek is Juda ka Talab, an enormous frozen lake that seems to come directly out of fairy tales. Surrounded by pine trees on one side, the lake offers a picturesque place. It is an excellent place for photography.
- We reach our first campsite with the great Himalayan mountains fall on the backdrop with a vast meadow entirely covered in snow.
- Overnight camping
Day 3: Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base camp (5 hrs Trek)
Destination Altitude: 11,150 ft
- Post breakfast, we begin our days journey towards Kedarkantha Base Camp. With the Himalayan range at our backdrop, we ascend our way towards the base. The beauty of the trail and the sheer immensity of the mountains will leave you awestruck.
- This is the day to take out your cameras and capture the magnificence of the mountains with your lens.
- Kedarkantha base camp is a breathtaking sight. The open snowy fields, expanding far and wide, the mountain ranges in the backdrop, the Kedarkantha summit standing tall and wide, Base camp is more than a camping site; it is an intense mountain experience.
- Overnight camping
Day 4: Base Camp to Kedarkantha to Juda Ka Talab
Destination Altitude: 12,500 ft
- We begin early and, depending upon the weather condition, select the best route for the summit. You don’t want to leave the beautiful base camp, but the summit is even more rewarding.
- The climb is short but steep. After reaching the summit, you get a 360-degree viewpoint of the beautiful snowcapped mountains around you. Witness the mountains of the Yamunotri, Gangotri, and the Kinner Kailash range.
- Now it is time to descend back to Juda ka Talab for overnight camping.
Day 5: Juda Ka Talab to Sankri to Delhi
- We begin our day early with a filling breakfast and descend straight back to Sankri. The descend is short and quick.
- From Sankri, we head back to Delhi, which brings us to the end of this fantastic winter Himalayan journey.